Our response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To our Guests, Partners, Family, and Friends –
The health and safety of our guests, volunteers, and all who work at the H.S. Lopez Family Foundation Center of Opportunity is a priority. We’ll continue to take care of those in need in Tucson, but we do so now with extra precautions. And as always, we offer everyone love and hope in the midst of despair.
Here are some of the protocols and changes we’ve enacted:
- We’re conducting regular and frequent disinfecting of high-touch areas (including door knobs, surfaces, and countertops) at all locations.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our centers.
- Disinfecting wipes are available./li>
- We’re reinforcing illness prevention procedures as recommended by the medical community, including frequent handwashing, avoiding touching one’s face, and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- We’re instructing volunteers and employees who exhibit symptoms of illness to stay home and, when necessary, to seek professional medical care.
- We’re encouraging our elderly volunteers and those at higher risk to stay home.
- Tours of our centers are suspended until further notice.
- We’re taking the temperatures of all guests upon entry, and then twice daily. Those who have a fever will be given a mask and assigned to a room set aside for isolation.
- For the time being, we are not accepting donations of fabric items, to include clothing, linen, and upholstered furniture.
- Our guests are sheltering in place until further notice. This means that as long as they stay with us, except for employment, emergencies, or when specifically cleared, guests must remain on property.
Everyone here is family, and we are all on the front lines of slowing the spread of the Coronavirus and keeping each other safe and healthy. This is a tremendous opportunity to show the love, dignity, and respect that are the hallmarks of how we treat everyone. We thank you all for your patience and support.
Please call today to make your donation that
will help us bring restoration to broken lives
Your donation allows us to continue providing solutions-based aid to the homeless population in our community.