Our response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To our Guests, Partners, Family, and Friends –
The health and safety of our guests, volunteers, and all who work at the H.S. Lopez Family Foundation Center of Opportunity are our priority. We continue to take extra precautions as we care for those in need in Tucson, and as always, we offer everyone love and hope in the midst of despair.
Here is an update on our protocols:
- We’re regularly and frequently disinfecting high-touch areas (including doorknobs, surfaces, and countertops).
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our centers.
- Disinfecting wipes are available.
- We’re reinforcing illness prevention procedures as recommended by the medical community, including frequent handwashing, avoiding touching one’s face, and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- We’re instructing volunteers and employees who exhibit symptoms of illness to stay home and, when necessary, to seek professional medical care.
- We’re encouraging our elderly volunteers and those at higher risk to stay home.
- Tours have been temporarily suspended.
- We’re taking the temperatures of all guests upon entry.
- Donations are being accepted at both centers (please click here for more information). Pick-ups have been temporarily suspended.
Everyone here is family, and we are all on the front lines of slowing the spread of the Coronavirus and keeping each other safe and healthy. We continue to show the love, dignity, and respect that are the hallmarks of how we treat everyone. Thank you for your patience and support!
Please call today to make your donation that
will help us bring restoration to broken lives
Your donation allows us to continue providing solutions-based aid to the homeless population in our community.